KRISP Newsletter Dec 2019: Conservation Genomics and big decline in the overall HIV incidence rate in northern KZN!
This month, we focus on a key Nature Communications paper that report a 43% decline in the overall HIV incidence rate in northern KZN. We also hosted a leading conservation genomics scientist and organized many talks and events. We went to Drakensberg for our strategic meeting, released the KRISP Wellness program and even went to Hamburg, Germany, to compete in the finals of the Upgrade my NGS Competition.
This issue's highlights are:
- Biodiversity: DNA sequencing for conservation genomics in 2020
- Science: Declines in HIV incidence in a South African population cohort/a>
- Science: Clinical case of an adolescent on long term suppressive ARV therapy who tested negative for HIV
- Service: KRISP and Thermo Fisher Scientific extend their HIV drug resistance genotyping promotion in 2020
- Strategy: KRISP team traded their lab coats and laptops for hiking boots and hats to plan a successful 2020
- Wellness: KRISP Wellness brochure and work life balance
- Workshop: Workshop on Transcriptomics in Durban, 23-27 March 2020
News date: 2019-12-07