The concept behind this newsletter is that anyone with 15 minutes to spare can learn about the work of SATuRN. In this third 2016 issue of our newsletter we have included interesting news, blogs, reports, tweets, publications and training information produced by our network. We hope you enjoy it and find it informative. We welcome any feedback about content or format.
In this issue our highlights are:
- Upcoming event: Annual Workshop on Advanced Clinical Care, Durban ICC, 6-7 Oct 2016
- PhD positions: DST Professional development program (PDP) PhD Fellowship at CAPRISA and SATuRN
- PhD position I: HIV-1 Drug Resistance
- PhD position II: HIV-1 Genomics, Bioinformatics and Phylogenetics
- Publication: Contribution of Gag and Protease to HIV-1 Phenotypic Drug Resistance in Pediatric Patients Failing Protease Inhibitor-Based Therapy, Antimicrob Agents Chemotherapy, 2016
- Publication: HIV drug resistance levels in adults failing first-line antiretroviral therapy in an urban and a rural setting in South Africa, HIV Medicine, 2016
- News: South Africa's bid to end AIDS & The cycle of infection in South Africa, Science 2016 coverage of our phylogenetics results.
The newsletter is open accessible at:
We hope that you enjoy our newsletters. We think that they are truly interesting and we really have enjoyed producing it!
News date: 2016-10-01